1. Firstly mix the chia seeds with some water until they soften and turn to a frogspawn type consistency.
2. Pit the dates and place them into a blender, along with the coconut oil if using, stewed fruit and hot water. Blend until all combined.
3. Place the date & apple mixture into a large bowl & add all of the other ingredients, including the chia seeds.
4. Tip into a lined baking tray (approximately 8 inch square) and spread with the back of a spoon. Bake in a pre heated oven at 18- degrees for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of your tin & how deep the bars are. The top should start to become a golden brown colour.
5. Allow to cool, before cutting with a sharp knife into even squares. Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
Add 100g of desiccated coconut to make a coconut version.
Add 50g of stem ginger in with the apple mix for an Apple & Ginger version.
Add tinned cherries and Jordan's Cherry & Almond granola for a delicious cherry bake.